Trauma doesn’t exist as an isolated incident in a person’s life or at one point in time. Stressful and overwhelming experiences are cumulative, and it is impossible to separate the impact of past trauma from ongoing experiences of stress.
Thus in treating trauma, we must address ongoing experiences of stress, oppression, discrimination or powerlessness, which can be defined as structural violence. This allows us to see patients with greater compassion and identify structural conditions that we can try to change.
How we can help :
- Case coordination services
- Screening for poverty
- ODSP / OW paperwork completion and support
- Special diet allowances
- Activities of daily living index
- Work / School / notes and forms at no charge
- Education assistance available through the Hope Found Project
- Advocacy for equity in health care
- Peer support available through the Hope Found Project
For those who qualify , peer support is available through the Hope Found Project.
Ottawa Victim Services
Ottawa Victim Services staff on site to assist with the Victim Quick Response program and Criminal Injuries Board.
Please Note :
To begin your H.E.A.L.T.H journey , please contact us or make an appointment